Re: New Car Classing

To: "Madurski, Ronald M" <ronald.m.madurski@lmco.com>,
Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: "Charles" <cfgold@intrex.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:02:06 -0500
The SEB can and did reclass a new model car within the first year without
member input. The reclassication request was made by the sole competitor at
Topeka who finished 16th, 5 out of the trophies with a car that he had owned
less than 3 months, only driven in 2 national level events that was totally
showroom stock except for tires and cat-back. The request was acted on by
the SEB in < 30 days after the event. I didn't expect the classes to stay
static, but I also didn't expect the SEB to dump an obvious overdog into the
class. The second place finisher @ Topeka in HS with a base Mini would have
placed 7th in GS, a mid trophy position! How could anyone NOT think the S is
an overdog for GS???
Re: Our prep costs: shocks - $3K
5 sets of racing tires, mounting and balancing - 3.5K
3 sets of racing wheels -1.6K
5 alignments -.5K
entry fees, travel costs, lost income, T&T schools, etc. to get  enough seat
time to get familiar with the car through the 2002 season for 2 drivers >6K,
so actually 10K was an underestimate.
Charles