First event

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: First event
From: "Crider, James A." <JamesCrider@metaldyne.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:16:16 -0500
First event was in 1993, a Detroit Council event at the Dearborn Public Library
in an itty-bitty little lot.  I'm thinking it was an AROC-run event (Alfa Romeo
Owners Club = AROC).  I'd been listening to my friend Mark "Doogie" Shehan go
on and on about it for over a year, so that day I hopped in my trusty '91
Tracer LTS (think Escort GT as a 4-door sedan) with a helmet borrowed from a
guy by the name of Bill Rimkus.  I don't remember the results, except that I'm
pretty sure I wasn't DFL in the Council street-tire class S5.  I was very close
to DFL, mind you, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't actually DFL.

Met Marcus Merideth for the first time at that event (introduced by Mark), and
was taken for a ride in his then-current '89 Mustang GT, which at that stage
had a 6-point Autopower roll cage in it.  I ran one or two more events in the
Tracer that year, then ordered my late and lamented '94 Probe GT.  Meanwhile,
there have been many large meals consumed by the members of Team Large Boy (as
I bill Marcus and my occasional co-drive alliances).

Jim Crider
autojim@despammed.com