Re: New Car Classing

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: "Charles" <cfgold@intrex.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:35:08 -0500
Well you also don't HAVE to win or even race, so that would =$ 0 costs!
Old racer's saying: "going fast costs $$$, how fast do you want to go?" We
want to go as fast as possible.
Really all that expense doesn't count? You got someone paying it for you? Do
they want to adopt us?
Even if you take out the 6K of expenses involved with testing and learning
the characteristics of the car, that still leaves 8.5K in vehicle costs.
you can do an alignment yourself for 0 cost ??? You have a callibrated
eyeball that is as accurate as a 50K computerized alignment rack? I spent 6
years working as a mechanic, and know that statement is "pure crap" as you
say! Besides I don't have a garage, and my unpaved driveway is a 20* slope.
Wonder how much it would cost to rent a shop or put up a garage??? (or are
those "free" too?) Just out of curiosity, so I can understand where you get
your info from, what class did YOU run at the nationals and how many
national trophy finishes did you get last season?

I can document all our expenses, we keep excellent records, but I'm getting
tired of people telling me how much cheaper they could do it. I'm always
willing to learn from someone with the credentials, but I'm not recognizing
most of these names from the national champions list, so I'm not going to
respond to this issue any more! Have a good day!