RE: Let's shake the hornets nest again!

To: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>, "'autox '"
Subject: RE: Let's shake the hornets nest again!
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:22:25 -0600
> Ya' know guys & girls Chris H. has an excellent point, online
> registration is going to take some money to develop. If I was the firm
> that built the SCCA online registration my bill for same would certainly
> have two digits BEFORE the comma.

No doubt.  In my business, this is called "overhead".  Keeping up with the
times is not cheap, I agree.

> If a compromise is to let them resell our personal data, while as a
> member I don't agree with it, it's not unreasonable given some common
> and current internet business practices.

This is where we depart.  Common and current practices do not make them
right.  (Especially internet commerce where new and exciting definitions of
what is acceptable occur every day.) I would *never* sell my customer list.
 All my clients enjoy complete confidentiality, and that is the way it
should be.  How I choose to spend my time and money is no one else's business.

I honestly do not think SCCA wants to sell out data to generate revenue, but
if no one said anything, maybe they would?  Maybe they do now...I have not
actually read all the fine print. Hmmmmmmmm...

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI