Re: Let's shake the hornets nest again!

To: "Chris Hammond" <christoc@christoc.com>,
Subject: Re: Let's shake the hornets nest again!
From: "Chuck" <cfgold@intrex.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:26:32 -0500
I read their privacy policy (yes they DO have one, a LONG one) and it says
they have the right to share my personal info with "their business partners
and advertisers". And that their advertisers have the right to place cookies
on my computer. There is no option to opt out of this "sharing". I also went
to their home page to see who they were and was bombarded with popups for
non racing advertisers such as online gambling including one that kept
reloading itself even after I left the site, as well as flashing banner ads
etc. What's next, ads for adult sites and genital enlargers on the SCCA
site?
As far as costs to impliment online registration, our local club as well as
several others around here has been doing that for several years now and it
didn't cost us "two figures before the comma" to impliment, so that's a
bogus argument! Somebody is making money here plain and simple, and we are
being forced to be a captive audience!