Re: shop manuals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:08:12 -0500
In a message dated 3/1/2004 5:14:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mattm@optonline.net writes:

> Thanks, I appreciate the view point. But if the OBD2 is not part
> of the normal service manual collection, wouldn't
> responsibility
> fall back on the protestor (not the protestee)?

You make a good point.  Unfortunately, the wording in the S2RB predates the
complicated situation we now have.  Who determines "normal" service manual
collection..?  I think of the "service manual" as including all publications
required to repair or service the car, and that would include OBD II on current
cars.  I think if it's protested, it would be up to the protestee to have it or
have access to it.  I can see the possibility of protest committees allowing a
protestee some time to come up with documentation...

Charlie