Re: shop manuals

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:06:16 -0500
--On Monday, March 1, 2004 4:26 PM -0500 Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
> Depends on what is being protested.  If someone is protesting suspension
> components in a Stock class, as a PC member I wouldn't dsq a competitor
> for not  providing the OBD II supplement.  In SP or Prepared, the OBD II
> supplement isn't  needed, as OBD II isn't required in those classes.  But
> get protested on OBD  II operation in a Stock class, fail to provide any
> info on the OBD II system  and I think the PC would have to discuss
> whether DSQ is appropriate.
>
> My opinion, only...

As proposed, I'm not sure the rule would allow for this sort of deliberation
by the PC.  Kinda like the old minimum weight rule -- disqualified, no ifs,
ands, or buts (common practice was to refer underweight cases to the PC, but
the rulebook didn't actually allow for that).

If what you describe is how we think it ought to work, then the proposal
will need to be modified to accommodate it.

Mark