Re: shop manuals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Steve <huronmountain@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:39:32 -0800 (PST)
"Robert C. Christensen" <rchriste@state.nd.us> wrote:
>Which is exactly what I have done for my STi.  Now I
>have it burned on a CD
>that lives in the glove box.  But is this considered
>an "official version",
>and would it suffice in the event of a protest?  I,
>for one, would not even
>consider competing if it required the 1200-1400
>investment in an official "manual".

IMO yes it would be official, and it would fall upon
the protester to prove otherwise.  Any document in
electronic or even print form can be altered, the fact
that you burned the copy on a CD should have no
bearing on the authenticity of the manual.

That being said, I think the proposed disqualification
penalty is way over the top.  If you are going to
require all competitors to have the documentation then
it should also be required to be presented at
registration like the rule book.  If not, anyone who
does not have it can be disqualified by any competitor
with any protest and have no opportunity to even
address the protested issue.  If the penalty of not
having it is to be disqualification, it should be
required to be presented prior to competition.  If you
believe that is over the top, the proposal should be
changed because that is the current effect that it
has.

Steve Elzinga
#55 CM
(on digest btw)