Re: shop manuals

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:32:40 -0600
---------------------
>From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
>Subject: Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals
>
>1. FSM documentation, which was the norm 30 years ago and a very reasonable
>thing, has ceased to be so.

Hi Rocky,

Pardon me for the major snippage, but I just want to address one single
point that you and others keep bringing up.  Answering this will help scope
the "problem".  You won't get any arguement from me that a $2K manual set is
"out there" on the reasonableness curve.  You'll have a hard time convincing
me that something in the couple-hundred dollar range is, though (others may
disagree).  The real question is how many of the "usual suspect" cars
competing now fall into the former camp as opposed to the latter?  Is this
discussion just "off-season bench-racing" idealism?  Or is it a real-live
problem affecting the majority of our competing cars?  I ask because this
topic only came up in the context of the Prepared doc rule change, not on
its own merits for other categories.

So, anybody want to spell out some specifics on FSM costs for the following:

Z06 Corvette, C4 Vette, Boxster, S2000, BMW 330, Integra Type R, Subaru WRX,
Miata, MR-Spyder, 2nd-gen MR2, current Mustang, current Camaro, Celica,
Mini, Rx7TT, E36 M3, IS300, 92-95 Civic, Scirrocco, 89-91 Civic Si, Sti,
Evo.  That should handle most of Stock, SP and ST.

As a start, the Miata manuals and the Civic Si are less than $100.

Others?

--Andy