Shop Manuals

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shop Manuals
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:48:07 -0600
I have such a deal for some lucky autocrosser!  I have managed to acquire
factory shop manuals for various cars which I will sell for an amazing $250
each, half the price of some of the manuals being discussed, and a tenth of
the price of some of the newer cars.  You can buy the manual, then find and
prepare the car the manual covers.  That will be much cheaper than buying the
car first.  My manuals are:

1976 Datsun B210
1981 Datsun 510
1982 Toyota Corolla
1982 Mazda GLC
1987 Mazda 323

All you have to do after you buy my manual is buy the appropriate car, add the
legal improvements for your class, and go racing!

Another thought would be for some of the classes have a "claimer" rule rather
than shop manuals.  Have the protester post a bond equal to the wholesale
value of the car being protested, and let the protestee keep his wheels and
tires, just like the dirt track boys.  If you refuse to sell, you get an
automatic disqualification.  The protester would then be required to autocross
his new car rather than his old one.  If there is not a wholesale value for
the protested car, let the people in the class set a value.  What could be
more fair than that?

Terry Cost