RE: Fw: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track

To: ".Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track
From: "Charles R Schultz" <k4cay@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:57:26 -0600
I'm not worried.  The risk problem that stage rally had isn't there, and
there's no shortage of participants in most regions.  It seems to me that
the reason for shifting the other programs under club racing is because of
the speed factor.  All the events under the new TT rules are speed events,
with much more concern about safety in general as well as driver
training/experience.

I've been skeptical of the Pro and NT events, all along, since they would
seem to have limited interest (due primarily to the expenses involved)
combined with the challenge of staffing events at various locations over the
course of the season.

Chuck Schultz

P.S.  Who "mentioned" the 2006 venue change?  That sounds like an unfounded
rumor, possibly based on the fact that some folks have said that they didn't
think Heartland Park could provide appropriate pavement.