Re: Fw: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track

To: "Chuck" <golden1@britsys.net>, "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:55:45 -0600
Is anyone really concerned that SCCA would drop a program that has nearly
100,000 competitors nationally (PRI statistics, not SCCA) and a championship
event pulling 1100 competitors with minimal liability concerns?

Not bloody likely!

And as for a different Chuck's query: "P.S.  Who "mentioned" the 2006 venue
change?  That sounds like an unfounded rumor, possibly based on the fact
that some folks have said that they didn't think Heartland Park could
provide appropriate pavement."

This one is pretty well-founded. The "who" was SCCA President Steve Johnson.
The where was first at the Solo Nationals Town Meeting, then again at the
Wednesday banquet as he announced we would be either on a repaved Forbes
site or a newly-built site for '06. As for Heartland Park, go check out
http://heartlandparktopeka.com/06runoffs.htm, click on "renovation" and
check out the map. Those black squares in the top-left (northwest) corner
are the potential new site HPT owner Ray Irwin has in mind. But it is WAY
early in that process (and Ray is most heavily focused on the Runoffs just
now as that is his bird-in-the-hand), so don't be premature expecting any
hot news out of SCCA just yet. Besides, SCCA may have other options.

--Rocky Entriken