Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:26:02 -0500
As I am to understand, Steve presented a program to SCCA that may
have similar to this current program, or a closer match to what
he ran previously. SCCA declined. Perhaps a simple agreement to
disagree, but perhaps what Steve is putting out now. I am sure
the success of the Rev-It-Up clicked at the Club level and at
Steve's level, too. Rev-It-up is over, so Car & Driver in
conjunction with Steve's programs and ideals, can be activated.

SCCA knew this demographic is important to the Club. Steve knew
it had potential in revenue generation.

Steve has a partner with C&D. SCCA has a partner with, .... who?

FWIW, I probably won't run his series. I didn't run RIU, either.
My lose. My job allows for only so much seat time. I haven't run
a Pro Solo in many years, too.  :^)

Matt Murray