Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...

Subject: Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:38:06 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Ms Katie Kelly wrote:
> It's interesting to me that there's a perception that
> PRO should cater to autocrossers. I don't know if it
> should or shouldn't but it looks to me like it's being
> marketed to an audience possibly outside of autocross,
> like readers of Car & Driver magazine, for example. I
> don't know this for a fact, but the completely
> different car classing system is a clue.

Look mom, I'm agreeing with a Kelly publically!

:-)

Yeah, looks like that to me as well.  I'd say that PRo is going after more
than just your normal autocrosser.

Looking at Drifting or even HPDE folks, I think its pretty clear that the
approach can work.

Can't say if I'll go to one of the events or not.  It'll depend somewhat
on if I have a car that makes sense for there, but its more down to if I
have time/money/motivation after normal autox stuff.  Given that I'm
pretty heavily involved in autox, that's probably more unlikely than not,
especially given closer/cheaper options like drifting or karting.

Mark