Re: Harness bar...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harness bar...
From: Loren Williams <Loren@invisiblesun.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:24:37 -0700
Wow, haven't posted here in forever.

Just a thought on the Harness Bar rule...

How can a harness bar that is sturdy enough to function as a harness bar
(that means it should support your weight at about 10 g's in a frontal
impact in my book) NOT stiffen the chassis?  The rule needs to be
simplified to read something like "a harness bar shall only mount to
one point on each side of the car and if a harness bar is fitted, a
harness MUST be worn".

Honestly, with all the specs they have on roll bars, I'm surprised SCCA
doesn't spec minimum requirements for a harness bar.  The way the rule
is currently written, you could make a harness bar out of electrical
conduit and compete in a car that is LESS safe than stock, which I'm
sure is not the intention.

Oh well, I'm not presently an SCCA member...

Back to lurking.

--
Loren Williams | Loren@InvisibleSun.org