RE: Harness bar...

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Harness bar...
From: "Keath Marx" <larrybulk@marx.ws>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:08:38 -0400
Okay, Okay...

  I didn't ask the question to start a religious war over whether the
Harness Bar is Less Filling or Tastes Great.

I am looking for a solution.  I have seen a couple of ideas that I might
try.

Here is one I came up with this afternoon.  Take the Hardbar.  I downloaded
and read the install instructions.  They show stainless Steel spacers going
on the bolt between the bar and chassis.  What if you left those off?  Then
the bar would not be in physical contact with the chassis.  Next, get some
longer bolts of the same grade and some 3/4 or 1/2 inch soft rubber washers.
Put the washers between the bolt head and the bar.  This way if the chassis
flex pulls apart the washers flex and let the car structure move but keep
the bar from rattling all of the time.

Would this work?  It seems to me it would meet the letter of the rules and
should be sturdy enough to handle 1 harness while autocrossing.

Thanks