Re: Harness bar...

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Subject: Re: Harness bar...
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:16:34 -0500
Mark Sirota wrote:

> I think the right solution is in Stock, require the OE seat belts to be
> worn (with the existing exception for pre-1968 (?) cars), and disallow
> harnesses and harness bars.  Those can be allowed in other categories
> that also allow seat replacement.
>
> The fact of the matter is that the only justifiable reason to wear
> harnesses in Solo II is for driver performance, not safety.  If it was
> about safety, we'd have definitions for harnesses and mounting systems,
> like the GCR does. These driver aids do not belong in Stock, IMHO.

Oh, Boy!  Now you've opened a Pandora's box, Mark -- even though I do
agree with you.  While we're at it, why don't we undo some of the other
Stock "allowances" and make the class even more Stock?!?!?  Let's see --
we could do away with gumball tires and make it more like Street
Touring.  Then we could restrict the use of high-dollar aftermarket
shocks.  Then we could -- OH -- wait a minute!  We were talking about
harness bars, weren't we?!?!?  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman