Re: instructors

To: Jeremy Bergsman <jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: instructors
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 13:49:43 -0800
Jeremy Bergsman wrote as part of his appreciation for Andy's instructor
"prpgram":

>With such a large # of people, it would seem that instructors might be able
>to do more than one person per group if they were spaced out appropriately
>in the grid, and they obviously could do more than 1 group.
>
>Andy McKee and a woman whose name I missed were nice enough to help me get a
>couple of rides.  As a rank beginner I found this quite useful.  However it
>is both intimidating to ask people for rides and hard to know whom to ask
>for the best experience, so I would suggest a list alongside the instructor
>list for those willing to offer their passenger seat during their first run.

The little signs in our windows, inviting rookies to ask for a ride,
resulted in two folks asking yesterday. This wrinkle, although not as
effective a teaching tool as an instructor riding/driving approach, requires
no administration and provides some instruction with little disruption to
the driving competitor. Our self-imposed limit restricts riders to 1st, and
when 4 runs are offered, 2nd runs.

Lets see more signs in the windows of the cars of all you great experienced
drivers!

        Don