Re: instructors

To: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>,
Subject: Re: instructors
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:35:10 -0800 (PST)
> You have a lot of good ideas for the instructor program -- how about
> donating your time?  I bet Andy would love to get a committed person to
> help implement the program.  Particularly someone to manage the
> registration desk operation, if that is what he decides to do.

Actually, I was hoping to make the operation a bit more streamlined, which
wouldn't necessitate me hanging around Registration so much.:-)  I think one
misunderstanding yesterday was that some Rookies thought that as long as they
requested an Instructor, they'd get one.  Frankly, we don't have the
experienced personnel and resources to do that.  I think a cap of ten
Instructor "slots" per event will keep things manageable.

One interesting thing that happened was that most of the Instructors still
worked another assignment during the day, anyway.  If that is going to be the
case, it will take a bit of the bureaucratic load of checking off work
assignments away.  On the other hand, if the incentive to be an Instructor is
to make it your work assignment we'll keep it that way.

I will have a better sign up sheet for next week, but people who sign up for
instruction should be aware that just because they signed up doesn't mean they
get an Instructor.  Also, it would help if those putting their names into the
instructor pool would try and pick out a student from the list that meshes with
their schedule, and go find them.  That will make matching students and
Instructors together a bit easier.

Speaking of which, I will not be able to attend next weekends event.  Could
someone please volunteer to keep an eye on things for me?

TIA,

Andy