RE: SFR autocross opener

To: Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com, "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SFR autocross opener
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:25:45 -0800 (PST)
I agree with pretty much everything Kevin says.  Also, I'll applaud John for
designing a great season opener course.  It was simple enough for everyone to
follow and fast enough for them to get a thrill (a bit too fast IMHO).

However, I don't think that type of course does anything whatsoever to prepare
for National level events.  Actually, in some fashion it does because hopefully
a few people "caught the bug" on it and will return.  But for those with only a
bit more experience, I don't think the course offered any of the technical
challenge seen at Tours, Divisionals, Nationals.  How are the middle to high
level of experience drivers supposed to develop and be competitive if they are
continually surprised by more technical courses?

Again, I think the course Sunday was just what was called for on our season
opener, no criticism there.  But if that is a continued trend I think we will
start losing some of our more experienced competitors to other series.  Of
course, whether that is a cause for concern is also a point of argument.

-Andy

Do You Yahoo!?