Re: SFR autocross opener

To: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>, Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com
Subject: Re: SFR autocross opener
From: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:06:39 -0800 (PST)
The danger of this kind of data is that someone might
try and draw some conclusions from it. Any aspiring
politicians out there?

%age of DNF's by Rookies?
%age of DNF's by course designer (I'm guessing Charlie
designed > 1 course)
%age of DNF's by location?

Craig

<LNBBIPCHGANGCLIKCLLAKEALHCAA.Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>,
> "Kevin Stevens" writes:
> >While having people not get lost is A Good Thing,
> it should be a result rather
> >than a goal of good course design.  I wouldn't
> agree that it should be pursued
> >as a primary indicator of a successful program.
> >
> >Yesterday's course was very well designed for the
> location, expected weather,
> >and number of entrants.  It was somewhat simplistic
> for a typical SFR and
> >national course - running it in my head I count 11
> notable elements, vs 16-24
> >that I find typical for an SCCA course.
>
> Well, in homage to Rich Urschel, here are some
> (very) rough numbers
> from last year's normal season events:
>
> round1:  79 DNFs / 846 runs
> round2:  62 DNFs / 717 runs
> round3:  27 DNFs / 519 runs
> round4:  31 DNFs / 712 runs
> round5:  54 DNFs / 716 runs
> round6:  31 DNFs / 690 runs
> round7:  28 DNFs / 796 runs
> round8:  16 DNFs / 608 runs
> round9:  24 DNFs / 472 runs
> round10:  18 DNFs / 603 runs
> round11:  22 DNFs / 588 runs
> round12:  24 DNFs / 868 runs
> round13:  17 DNFs / 876 runs
> round14:  9 DNFs / 540 runs
> round15:  21 DNFs / 560 runs
> round16:  10 DNFs / 576 runs
> round17:  12 DNFs / 620 runs
> round18:  6 DNFs / 520 runs
>
> I just made a quick pass at the reported results
> with an awk script,
> reporting the total number of lines I saw multiplied
> by the number
> of runs per person.  I occasionally got more lines
> than report
> entries;  I suppose that this is due either to
> people buying fun
> runs in addition to thier regular runs, or due to my
> lame awk hacking.
>
> Kevin "Too-Much-Time-On-His-Hands" Lahey
> kml@patheticgeek.net

Do You Yahoo!?