RE: So what was the correct line??

To: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: So what was the correct line??
From: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:51:37 -0800 (PST)
For my first run I came in on the inside.  Going over
the bump sent the rear end out a bit, but frankly both
ends were losing traction.

For the second and third runs I entered wide.  The
bump did help rotate the car a bit, but there really
wasn't a quick way through the turn for me.  I lost
enough speed through it that I didn't need the brakes
for the next turn.

--- Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com> wrote:
> I would agree with that.
>
> For the turn in point, I found that after the bump
> the car was so upset and
> the mud was so thick that I ended up with terminal
> understeer.  Turning in
> just before the bump, allowed the car to continue to
> rotate after the bump,
> drifting sideways slightly in the mud, and then I
> could get on the throttle
> much sooner.
>
> As far as tight vs. wide, when walking the course it
> looked like there was
> less mud wide, and my big car does certainly prefer
> a wide line, so that's
> what I took on all 3 of my runs.  Worked fine, but I
> can't compare it with
> tight, I didn't try it.
>
> -Carl

=====
Scot Zediker
mx5_1991@yahoo.com
San Jose, CA

"If Bill Gates had a dollar for every time Windows crashed... no, wait, he
does!"
Do You Yahoo!?