Re: So what was the correct line??

To: ba-autox-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: So what was the correct line??
From: Chris Tweney <cat@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 09:07:57 -0800
As a rookie I had all kinds of trouble with the bump/puddle/turn
complex.
I really failed to remember the "go slow to go fast" rule, and as a
result my
beloved Hyundai Tiburon (yeah, the one with New York plates) kept
pushing out and sliding through the second half of the turn, leaving me
with
almost no forward speed. I took the outside line for all of my runs -
somehow
I failed to notice the bump! I think I have to learn to think faster
when on the
course -- everything happens so fast when you're out there. My highway
practice of heel-and-toe (obsessively rehearsed on Hwy 1 in Marin) went
completely out the door when I was actually on the course.

As to the complexity of the course -- it seemed just right to me. No
problems
getting lost.

My only complaint is that the grid could have been better organized.
When I
got up to grid before the 1st run there was nobody there to show us
newbies
where to go.

I'm completely addicted now, of course... looking forward to the chance
to run again, and I hope I can remember to be smoother next time.

-cat.