Re: So what was the correct line??

To: Chris Tweney <cat@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: So what was the correct line??
From: Vernon Head <vhead@fuelrtm.com>
Date: 07 Mar 2000 14:06:49 -0800
I'll throw in a comment here: We already have two slots on the Worker Sign-Up
sheets. One of those people could work the pre-grid. With a two-person team,
things usually go pretty smoothly.

The problem that I have always noticed as chairperson is that many times nobody
at all signs up for grid, let alone two people. Then the chairperson must try
to appoint someone who may or may not understand the process. This also
happens, by the way, to other positions such as announcer and tech. Most people
simply want to work the course.

On a day like Sunday, this is a real problem. Several times, Katie and I had to
struggle to fill some pretty key positions. This wasted lots of valuable time.
I would encourage everyone to consider signing up for these key positions
instead of working the course.

-Vernon