RE: Web Results Notification

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Web Results Notification
From: "Andrew P. Gibbons" <agibbons@688.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:46:49 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Dan Bratten wrote:

> It's not quite this simple in practice but it can be done without too
> much effort. Anyway, that's what comes to mind quickly. I may have
> missed something. :-)

Actually, it wouldn't be too difficult...  I think all we need is some
money for hardware, and some time from some of us geeks to make it
work.  :)

I think a small wireless LAN with a server in the trailer, and a laptop or
two at the registration area would be a great place to start.  Add
barcoding later as the setup grows.

Maybe an exploratory committee could be formed to mull over the
possibilities.  I for one will donate time and any necessary Microsoft
products to help make this work.

-Andrew
Novice driver of a '98 Mustang Cobra
UNIX Administrator for Microsoft