Re: Web Results Notification

To: "Jerry Mouton" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Web Results Notification
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:12:19 -0500

Message text written by "Jerry Mouton"

" There
are a lot of clubs (including the SFR SCCA racers) who publish
results directly from the track on the day of the event.

Jerry"

It would be worthwhile for our autocross gurus on this forum to take in an
SFR club race and maybe volunteer for the T&S crew--Scotty Crawford will
welcome you!--and take a look how that is handled. There are several people
involved.
        Yes, results are usually produced shortly after each race. But
going into that there is advance registration with entries filed about two
(2) weeks before the race weekend. This allows all names, hometowns,
sponsors, and marques, to be keyboarded in well before the race weekend.
        There are generally fewer entries (but at a considerably higher
entry fee) than what we have handled at each of our first three events this
year. The future will see transponders attached to each race entry as well.
It requires different things than autocross results.
        (Although such things as car numbers, and class letters are
usually--but not always--better done that what we see at an autocross.)
--John Kelly