Re: Attendance

To: ksoohoo@iresults.com, laddle@cwnet.com
Subject: Re: Attendance
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:29:56 EDT
In a message dated 9/7/2000 9:19:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ksoohoo@iresults.com writes:

<<  sorry so bitter - this talk only happens when ONE event goes long.  all
 season the events have been running great with the same number of entries.
 registration has NEVER been a problem - well, at least when i'm running it
 there are no problems.  the system is fine - it's the people that need work.

The system is very "human being intensive."  That's the problem with the
system.  We've had events go long before, and later run groups have been cut
to 2 runs, and/or run in darkness.  We have had some very unhappy people, and
IMHO, run in completely unsafe conditions.  I don't want to see it happening
again.

We have also never had events during the shorter days of the year, with no PA
system, at a site that doesn't let us start 'til 10:00 AM.

We have a problem brewing.  We need to proactively handle it instead of
waiting until we're ass deep in alligators before deciding to drain the swamp.

CHD