Team Rules (RE: TLH Tears it up in Marina)

To: "'James Creasy'" <black94pgt@pacbell.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Team Rules (RE: TLH Tears it up in Marina)
From: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:15:07 -0800
Ah, well, we would have to agree on some rules first... (remember, we
shelved that discussion until AFTER the race =P.

Here's my suggestion:

First off, we need to talk about the number of teams.  Not that it really
matters, but Team Sloth might want to develop some sort of political rift
(BMW snobs pulling out and forming their own team?) since they are much
bigger than TLH.

Derive an average index for each team.  Since there are quite a few drivers
that are using street tires, I would recommend we apply an additional street
tire index.  The easy way to get this index is take Street Touring and
subtract Street Touring S's index from it and you get .027, or 1.62 seconds
per 60 seconds (a conservative number, but not bad and better than nothing).
So my ESP 300ZX's index would fall from a .822 to a .795.

Next, (and I'm sure I'm going to get lots of flack for this idea) I would
suggest that we approach this kinda like a Pro-Solo finale...take the
average indexed time for each team and apply a handicap modifier so that all
teams fished with an IDENTICAL time for this first event.  Then for the next
two events, each team to win has to IMPROVE their times against how they did
in the first event because of the handicap index set in the first event.
Make sense?

-Carl