Re: Quelling the teeming hordes of autox students...

To: Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com
Subject: Re: Quelling the teeming hordes of autox students...
From: "Craig Haggart, Accelerator Ops" <haggart@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:24:31 -0800 (PST)
Kevin Stevens (Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com) said, in part:

   > The school(s) cover their costs, but we'd probably have to
   > charge more if we did more of them.

Sounds OK to me!  I'd be willing to pay more.

   > ...the Region couldn't possibly afford to pay people what
   > their time is worth in real dollars...

I wasn't suggesting that instructors get a fistful of dollars,
just some incentive greater than a sandwich.  Not to sound like
a broken record, but wouldn't track time or event entry-fee
waivers or SCCA memberships be appreciated?

   > ...you can learn as much or more by riding with instructors
   > than having them ride with you.

Hey, I thought I made that trick up myself!  Not that it's done
me much good...

--
-Craig Haggart
 haggart@slac.stanford.edu