Re: Quelling the teeming hordes of autox students...

To: "Craig Haggart, Accelerator Ops" <haggart@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>,
Subject: Re: Quelling the teeming hordes of autox students...
From: "James Creasy" <jcre@seec.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:31:22 -0800
>Are instructors given sufficient incentive?  Free
>club memberships?  Free entry to events?  Track time credit at
>Thunderhill?  Anything?  From what I understand, the Solo II
>program is a huge revenue generator that helps offset the costs
>of other SCCA racing programs.  The club surely must recognize
>the value of the volunteers that make this happen.
>
>Don't they?

hehehe.  i wish!  most of us do it cuz we like it.   as far as i understand,
SCCA at large doesnt want much to do with Solo 2 (except the $$ of course).
we get to run the course a few times at the end of the day (plus lunch) but
thats it and thats fine with me.

as student or instructor, the autox school has been a breakthrough event for
my driving every year.  having only 40 slots is pretty slim considering the
size of the region.  offer more than free lunch and you will find people
power to run another school i think.  (however, this seems unlikely to
happen)

-James Creasy
Slip Angle Racing www.klio.net/cobra