Quelling the teeming hordes of autox students...

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Quelling the teeming hordes of autox students...
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:45:28 -0800
The problem with autox schools is:
  1)  Paying for them - $75 x 40 is a lot less than
      $25 x 250 that we draw for a regular event.

  2)  Scheduling them - there are a limited number of
      site days available during the year.  The first
      priority is to schedule our regular series'.

  3)  Finding instructors - It's more difficult than
      you might think to find experienced people to
      donate a day of their time multiple times a
      year.  Personally I'm already committed to the
      NASA school, the SFR school, and possible a couple
      of Viper Club dates in Sacramento.

  4)  Finding someone to coordinate them - It's
      just about exactly as difficult as you might think
      to find someone willing to put in the time and effort
      to manage an event of this sort.  Vernon's starting
      to wise up, in fact, and may need to be replaced
      next year.

Basically, putting on driver training schools isn't our main focus.  There
are any number of experienced drivers who are more than
willing to provide assistance and instruction at the regular
events - which in some ways is a better venue anyway.

Have you asked?

KeS

(pimping for rides this year anyway)