Re: Solo I, the unwanted stepchild?

To: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Subject: Re: Solo I, the unwanted stepchild?
From: David Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:32:43 -0800
SFR used to have a good Solo I program; I'm a veteran of that program and
ran most events from 1988 to mid-1990's.  The basic problem was that the
program requires very nearly the same level of car prep. and driver
licensing as SCCA road racing, and so most drivers just did road racing,
with occasional Solo I's that were used for track time.  Also Solo I
required significant numbers of course worker volunteers. Those who wanted
to drive road courses without the safety preparation required for road
racing/solo I instead entered the many track street-school type events that
proliferated in the 1990's.

Dave