Re: Solo I, the unwanted stepchild?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solo I, the unwanted stepchild?
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:50:50 EST
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

               John,
                   Your right to certain extent about the "Green Flag, Open
Track, etc.
events. The requirements are minimum but a LOT of the attendees realize the
danger of going so fast and equip their cars and themselves accordingly. Many
are purpose built track cars, fully gutted with roll bars and cages, 5 point
harnesses, Halon fire
extinguishers. Most also wear full double layer driving suits, gloves, shoes
etc. In my case the only thing I would have to do is finish the cage from my
roll bar and add a fuel cell and I have a Solo I car. The grids at these
events are full.  Another venue
like Solo I would be welcomed.  FWIW.
                                                                Larry

 That a previous Regional management, prior to Mr. Pitts being elected RE
 some 5 years ago, (and now he's on the National BoD) deliberately scuttled
 the program is a major hindrance to getting something like that started.
 Then you have all these Green Flag and similar track days that require only
 a helmet, and  there is little incentive to invest in all the safety gear
 required of Solo I, which is the same as road racing's requirements.

 --John Kelly     >>