Solo I, the unwanted stepchild?

To: "Ba Autox (E-mail)" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Solo I, the unwanted stepchild?
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:31:08 -0500

Message text written by "Talley, Brooks"

"I talked to Gary Pitts up at Thunderhill, and he basically said the
problem
is that there's no interest, and that if they put on Solo1 events, there
wouldn't be enough entries to cover track cost, let alone having
respectable
depth in each class.
"

If you want to start a Solo I program, I'd suggest you create a separate
club to do so.
Gary Pitts has pretty much defined the problem.

That a previous Regional management, prior to Mr. Pitts being elected RE
some 5 years ago, (and now he's on the National BoD) deliberately scuttled
the program is a major hindrance to getting something like that started.
Then you have all these Green Flag and similar track days that require only
a helmet, and  there is little incentive to invest in all the safety gear
required of Solo I, which is the same as road racing's requirements.

--John Kelly