Re: Solo I, the unwanted stepchild?

To: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Subject: Re: Solo I, the unwanted stepchild?
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:06:11 -0800
Brooks,
        The street schools have taken the heat off the need for Solo I. There
used to be a strong Solo I program headed by a very hard working guy.
After he died, a few others made an attempt to fire it up, but the work
involved (getting track dates is the hardest--and look at the calendars
for TH, Sears & Laguna), plus writing a column to promote the events in
The Wheel proved too much. Track rental costs do not drop because it's
only 60 or so folks renting it, esp with the major ones. You'll note the
street schools are at TH, and I don't believe they are truly SCCA SFR
ventures, but track operations.
        Unless the Solo I guy/gal wants to find some other sites that lend
themselves to a track environment other than the above-mentioned tracks,
or maybe hillclimbs, doing Solo I is a big stretch.
--Pat Kelly