Re: Tech on Grid -- Fuel to the Fire

To: Bay_Area_Autocross_List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tech on Grid -- Fuel to the Fire
From: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:03:07 -0800 (PST)
I know this is going to probably throw a bunch of people out of whack,
but we always seem to be short workers for something or other--tech,
waivers at gate, trailer workers, etc.

Why not run 6 run groups? We'd get 8 extra workers avg. per group at a
200 person event. That should more than cover tech off grid, waivers,
and still have maybe an 'event chair asst.' or train new people to work
the trailer.

Downsides:
-longer run groups/work assignments---people will whine, but they'll
still come.
-bigger grid needed---could be a problem but I'm sure we can deal with
8 more cars per group, might be an issue pushing 300 entrants--maybe
only for slush? (can we pit on the water side of the pillars at GGF?)
-would have to be split 2/4 or 4/2 with either a late or early lunch,
the 2 group half would have to run, then immediately work. This will
cause a 10 min break to change workers. Should be a net zero since we
usually get held up at least once in the 3 worker changes we do each
morning/afternoon.

Load weapons, fire when ready...
Randy
Find a job, post your resume.