RE: Tech on Grid (was: Informal Poll on pre-reg.)

To: "'Randy Noll '" <rnoll98@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Tech on Grid (was: Informal Poll on pre-reg.)
From: "Allendorfer, Peter" <Peter@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:44:26 -0800
 I don't like annual tech for street driven cars.  Here's a reason.  Hit a
pot-hole. Might just put you out of alignment, but how do you know that it
didn't mess up the wheelbearing??  You don't.  Maybe you did it a week after
your annual tech.  If you don't check your car regularly (Some people don't,
they just get in and drive....) you might not notice it until 2 events
later, when your car stops at the end of the run, and your wheel, spindle
and brake rotor go bouncing past you.

-Peter

But I just like wearing asbestos.