Re: Tech on Grid (was: Informal Poll on pre-reg.)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tech on Grid (was: Informal Poll on pre-reg.)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:54:34 EST
In a message dated 11/5/01 12:06:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jerry@moutons.org writes:

> On balance, I think off-grid is better, but to make it work we
> have to have somebody responsible to keep it staffed and
> effective.  A chief can make this happen, but it takes
> more -- assign somebody to police tech, or do it yourself.
> Will anybody volunteer to be region tech chief?  That would

How does this change if we have annual tech?  I'm guessing 50% (purely a
SWAG) of our entrants will be covered by annual tech.  Then, does either tech
on grid or off grid make more sense?

I'll add that the group ineligible for annual tech needs a fairly thorough
tech, and that I doubt they will get it on grid.

Charlie