Re: SFR rule

To: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>
Subject: Re: SFR rule
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:32:17 -0800
Jerry Mouton wrote:

> Rich,
>
> Maybe I'd reword it to emphasize the National rule, for ease of
> protest.
>
> Like:
>
> > 15.Passengers: Passengers are allowed at any time within the limits set
> > in the SCCA National Solo II Rules Section 1.4.  National Solo 2 rule 4.8
> > is waived in the case of Novices, and drivers riding as instructors.  This
> > means that others riding before their timed run are subject to
> > disqualification.
>
> I might vote for that.  This allows for instructor rides with non-novices,
> and allows the protest committee to make a judgement on whether a
> pre-ride is an instructional run.

This is no change to the current rule. Convince me that
any single one of us can't learn something from any other
single one of us. Otherwise, all rides are instructional.

Experienced drivers can still teach non-novices after
their own runs, and you can still get in that Ferrari
if you don't mind risking a protest.

Rich