Re: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?

To: james@thevenom.net
Subject: Re: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:49:30 EST
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Lary Stark)

              James,
                    I understand your point but it is not practical in my
case for two reasons. How am I supposed to simulate the torque from a hard
brake stop without a brake dyno? I also have floating calipers. With this
design either the inside or the outside pad wears faster. It's due to
friction between the pad and the mounting bracket. It varies from wheel to
wheel. C5 brakes have mounting brackets that look like they belong on a
Honda. Under braking they flex and deform. I have 2 degrees of negative
camber in my front end. The last set of Hawk Blues I took out wore like I had
1.5 degrees of positive caster on both the left and right wheel. As I had put
in a larger master cylinder I had anticipated "clam shelling" of the caliper.
The wear was parallel across the pads so the calipers were not opening up.
The real answer is a pair of Alcon or Brembo 6 piston calipers. Now all I
have to do is find a Ferrari in my neighborhood parked on a dark street. :)
:)
                                                                  Larry