Re: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:24:35 -0800
John,

This was synthetic or silicone fluid?
The fluid boiled, or leaked out?
There was something specific about synthetic
fluid that would not have happened to non-synthetic
DOT 4 fluid?

Given that it sounds like it worked for a while the gave
out under pressure would seem to indicate boiling, if
he blames the fluid.  Did he think it boiled at a lower
temp than specified?

Non synthetic DOT 3 or 4 fluid can
certainly boil -- Castrol LMA always boils on my Jaguar
at Laguna, but Valvoline synthetic has higher boiling
point and held up OK the only time I tried it.

I'll try ATE Super Blue in future, and maybe Motul
because it really resists boiling.

Jerry Mouton                              "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"