Re: GGF track condition

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: GGF track condition
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:49:48 -0700
On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 11:48:03AM -0400, John Kelly wrote:
> -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------
> Message text written by Mark Mervich
>
> By the last run group, there was so much junk on the track I spun my
> car for the first time in my 3+ years of autoXing.  Its not worth
> $500 to get it cleaned.
> -------------------- End Original Message --------------------
>
> Mark,
>         It will be most helpful if you cound find SF Region another
> autocross site inside the Greater Bay Area.

John,

It is also helpful to keep the discussion in the context in which it
was started.  Mark was responding to queries about the condition of
the course towards the end of the day, after Joe Weinstein asked
people in later run groups to comment.

The original discussion was about the effects of hiring a sweeper vs
using the "billygoat" blower, not about the suitability of the site
for autocrossing.

Let's not become a club that squashes people for providing honest
answers to honest questions. As far as I know, we don't have the
required secret police force to support doing that.  KGB Racing
doesn't count :-)

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94