RE: GGF track condition

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GGF track condition
From: Steffan Thomas <duomaxwell@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:50:17 -0400 (EDT)
Now I want to design a course for GGF where the first half of the course is
swept every 2-3 run groups, and the back half isnt swept at all.  But that's
probably just my mean streak talking.

One other thing to consider is what the rate of surface erosion between clean
GGF & dirty GGF is.  I suspect that the rate of gravel production is inversely
proportional to the gravel present, and so a regularly swept GGF may need to be
resurfaced sooner than an unswept one.

My personal opinion is that the solo 2 program could probably find something
better to do with $500 per GGF event than to give everyone a 1 in 3 opportunity
to drive on a clean surface.  (1 in 3 seems to be an approximation between the
first run groups saying "it's great" and the last run groups saying "It's
normal")

But I'm not on the steering committee, and I dont know what the solo2 program
would spend budget on if it had more $.  Just basically assuming that there is
an opportunity cost somewhere. (why, yes. I am an accountant. why do you ask?)
Is that something that is covered at the public meetings?

-Steffan
451 HS
power steering? We dont need no stinking power steering!