My entertaining weekend.

To: "Bricklin (E-mail)" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: My entertaining weekend.
From: "Olson, Scott" <scottolson@cascon.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:38:49 -0600
Well, after looking at the stock intake manifold and motorcraft carb on
my 74 for too long, I decided to take the plunge.  Edelbrock performer
intake manifold and holley 600CFM single pump carb.  I replaced the fuel
pump (which died somehow during the installation of the manifold etc.)
and upgraded to a Accell Super coil.

Well  some people would say that the stock intake manifold is good
enough and that all my carb needed was to be rebuilt,  and they may be
right.  But the engine looks sexy now.  Still plenty of work to be done
(including locating and tightening some leaks.

After two days of prep and installation (the rusted manifold bolts are a
pain to get to on the passenger side '74)  the car started right up and
idled beautifully.  The response is much quicker and either it boosted
the performance significantly , or the previous performance was degraded
significantly.  Now the car chirps a lot louder from first to second,
and then audibly from second to third.

Does anyone have success with a floor shifter replacement like Hurst or
B&M?  Does anyone have success with Sparco or Recaro seats?  And what
about carpeting that is not brown,  I hear that the only molded carpet
kits are original brown color.  Uggg.

My  Die-hard Chevy fan (Monte Carlo, Nova, and Corvette) actually told
me that he was falling for my car and was impressed with the
performance.

Ok  enough rambling.  Just wanted to let people know that even without
functional doors, carpeting, interior panels, or dashboard,  the car is
still super-fun.

If anyone is interested in a stock manifold (needs some cleaning) or a
stock? Motorcraft carb (needs a rebuild kit) let me know by  email.

Ohhh another thing.   Where does the majority lie on the air injection
thing that sits to the outside of the power steering pump.  I removed it
and the bracket this weekend and do not plan on putting it back in the
vehicle.  Is it worth something to restorers or to people in Cali?
Otherwise it may go to the junkyard for scrap.

#466  -  Scott