Re: My entertaining weekend.

To: scottolson@cascon.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My entertaining weekend.
From: Haroldande <Haroldande@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:19:30 EST
Hey Scott...you know my own car quest is the same as yours!!!  As a matter of
fact, I am now in the process of researching both the Bricklin and the
DeLorean!!!  I am leaning towards the Bricklin for financial reasons. I really
would love to own all three cars in my lifetime.

The Pantera was/is my first love. I own an early 1971 red / black interior. I
don't have a photo I could send on hand, but this spring when I wheel 'er out
for the season I will scan a few and send 'em along.
 It is quite possible to purchase a good running pantera, rust-free and
reliable for 20-25K. It sometimes seems they've all been restored but that's
not true. Mine is very original except for the performance /safety  upgrades,
and a new exhaust system.

Regarding the Bricklin, if you don't mind, What do you find are the quirks and
peculiarities of the car? I have heard that some had a rust problem??? Badly
fitted body panels??? Are they particularly difficult to do body work on?  I
was actually leaning towards the 351 models because of my familiarity, but the
HP difference you've mentioned could give me pause to reconsider. Are the
transmissions reliable? And finally (phew.!!) , could you recommend any good
reading material I might want to consider to help me in my search?

PS.........Sorry to bombard you with questions like this but you're the first
Bricklin owner I've spoken to.  Thanks.

Harold Anderson
Brooklyn   NY