Re: Fw: E-bay auction- Cheap Car (NOT)

To: Bricklin List <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: E-bay auction- Cheap Car (NOT)
From: "William H. Whitney" <bill-whitney@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 02:21:10 -0400
Greg brings up an excellent point about why we own a Bricklin. I own
mine because it's the car I want to own --- mainly due to its
uniqueness. I'm not really interested in its value to the next buyer, if
there is one. IMO, those who are looking to make money on these cars are
into them for the wrong reason. I bought mine for what  I considered a
fair value for its condition. I fully know that I will spend a lot more
money on it getting it into the "perfect" shape I desire -- that being a
nearly daily drive car in close to stock condition. Any ideas of getting
my money back in increased value just don't occur to me.

But to those to whom they do, my earlier suggestions on increasing the
market value of these unique cars still stands --- and Kim echoes them.
Get them out of the garages and on the road. Also, into any auto shows
you can find. The way to increase on the value is to let the public know
they exist. Too many people say "A what???" when told the name of the
car. We need to change that by creating a knowledgeable public.

Thanx for listening...
--
William (Bill) H. Whitney, Bricklin VIN #624
AITP Central/North Jersey Chapter (#377) Liaison and Region 13 List