Re: Air leak

To: Isensee@aol.com
Subject: Re: Air leak
From: alan a coleman <nalaco@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:14:02 EDT

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:15:11 EDT Isensee@aol.com wrote:
>I have a leak in my air door system which is proving hard to locate.
>100
>pounds of pressure leaks down to nothing in 2-4 hours. I can't hear
>the air
>escape. I put soapy water on all the connections and watched for
>bubbles. I
>found and fixed a couple of small leaks that way, but the problem
>remains.
>
>Any ideas what else to try?

Scott,

Did you check the valve stems on the air tank and on the compressor?? I
have found those leaking and had to replace the cores. Also  I found that
if I don't shoot silicone lubricant into the intake of the compressor (I
have had the Hadley electric compressor now for 20 years) from time to
time that air will lead out of there.

Alan Coleman