Re: Carburetor

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net, Bricklins2048@aol.com
Subject: Re: Carburetor
From: AAFS172@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:37:38 EST
I put a 600, or is it a 650 CFM Holley four barrel carb on mine along with a
midrise intake.  I can send photos if you like
Larry
Las Vegas, NV

Thanks for the info.  But I have some engine building software and all I need
is the CFM rating of our two barrel carb to determine which four barrel I
need.

Now two barrel carbs are CFM rated at 3.0 inches of mercury and four barrel
carbs are rated at 1.5 inches of merc.

So, if our cars have a 500 CFM two barrel on top then that would convert to a
350 CFM four barrel.

If it had a 550 two barrel, then it would convert to a 390 CFM four barrel.
In both cases the Holley 390 CFM four barrel carb would be perfect.

Now if you add headers along with more efficient exhaust and muffler, the
conversion would look more like this.
Original 500 CFM two barrel = Minimum of 406 CFM four barrel
    "       550   "       "      "    =     "             446   "      "
 "
In that case I would go with the Holley 450 CFM four barrel.

Of course if you pump up the  horse power of your engine things change again
but I'm leaving mine stock for a while.

If I could find out what the original CFM is, then I would have a much better
idea of how to go.
Does any body know?

Greg Arend
Advantage Air