Re: Carburetor

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net, PLAYFONE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Carburetor
From: AAFS172@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:25:41 EST
In a message dated 12/12/01 10:44:08 AM US Mountain Standard Time, PLAYFONE
writes:

> Put on a standard alum. Manifold. Any of the ford 4 V will fit. Then put a
> 750 holley. It is still one of the best carbs made.  Better to be over carb
> then under. a 600 barely enough for a 351.

Sorry but I don't agree with that.  Amount of CFM required depends on horse
power, cam profile and engine volumetric efficiency, which can vary greatly
between stock and modified engines.   Over carburetion is not betterin my
opinion. I would rather be alittle under than over.

Greg Arend
Advantage Air
Flagstaff  AZ