Re: Carburetor

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carburetor
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 01:39:55
Here is a deal for someone looking for a trailer hitch for their Bricklin
that will also benefit BI.

I am having my old garage torn down and a larger one built. Consequently, I
am rushing to get my Bricklin together enough to tow outside and Im
cleaning out all kinds of stuff. Years ago, I had a trailer hitch custom
fabricated for my Bricklin. I used it for towing a 19 day sailor around and
a couple of times I pulled my 25 footer with it. The hitch is made from
mostly = and 3/8 inch steel and bolts to the frame. As I recall, it had a
4,500 pound rating (requiring a transmission cooler). As the fellow who made
it was trying to sell more than one, I wrote an article about it in one of
the early (late 70s) Bricklines that had all of the details.

It needs paint, but is in good condition as it has been garage stored for at
least 15 years.

The hitch is here in MD and is to be picked up here. It would be expensive
to ship due to the weight. It goes to the highest bidder with no minimum bid
requirement (Jamie here is your chance).

The deal is that the hitch be picked up here and that the buyer brings the
check made out to Brickin International (I am donating the proceeds to the
club and will pass the check on to BI). So that everyone knows where it
stands, unless it violates some rule concerning this site,  post your bids
here. If it is decided  that it violates some rule, bids can be sent to me
directly.

The highest bid received before 6 pm this coming Monday takes it.

Alan Coleman
#246 (original owner)